Drew really confused me. He treated me nicely. He'd do things to keep me happy. He had me convinced that everyone else was out to harm me. He always had my best interest in mind. He said I could always talk to him about anything. He'd always be there for me. He bought me so many things. If I saw a commercial for a new toy and wanted it, we'd go straight to the store. Eventually he started to bribe me. Sometimes it was with toys or clothes, other times it was with food and treats. When I was a little older I knew without a doubt that what he was doing was wrong. I also knew I had no control over what he did. So I began demanding specific things. Bikes, roller blades, Barbie houses. Doing this made me feel like I had a little control. I hated that I'd get rewards for the abuse but I felt stuck in it and I got to a point where I had to accept that I wasn't able to stop him. I had two choices. I could either keep on going through abuse, just do what he said when he said...
You are a beautiful woman. What you are doing on this blog is brave. You are brave. You are giving the little girl who was abused a voice. You are giving yourself power. I cannot imagine the pain you've experienced and continue to experience; to share your story is courageous and admirable. What people think is: you're an amazing person.
ReplyDeleteMichelle C.
Thank you so much. It's been incredibly difficult. I've thought about myself as a child more in the last two weeks than I have in a long time. I couldn't do this without so many supporters. The pain of dealing with this is worth it because I know it's reached a few other survivors, and I hope it continues to spread.
Delete